Saturday, October 7, 2017

Next Big Project - Clydesdale Makeover

MEPSA has a Makeover Contest every year where they pick a mold and then to enter the contest, you have to give one of them a makeover.

I've been wanting to try one of these contests for a few years now, but didn't have the mold on hand and ran out of time (two years ago), or just didn't really have any ideas (last year). 

This year the mold is the Breyer Clydesdale mare and, well, I have 4 of them in the body herd, so...

Here's the victim, er, patient:


Anything goes in these Makeover contests, from a simple repaint, to a complete overhaul. 

My thing has always been drastic customs, so I'm fairly sure that's what I'll be doing here.  But...  what?

For the last couple of hours I've been going through some of my extensive reference picture collection to brainstorm some ideas.  After this first round of brainstorming through my digital pictures, I do have an idea.  I think over the weekend I'll go through some of my other references, like the hard copy stuff, and see if anything else jumps out at me.

Does anyone else have an idea for what I might do with her? 


1 comment:

  1. Wheels? Or is that too weird? I was thinking that Clydes are usually used as draft horses.

    ReplyDelete